Orton-Gillingham Classroom Educator Program, Williston, Day 1 of 4
- Course Number: OGC2
- Date: August 05, 2013
- Time: 8:30 AM-3:30 PM
- Location: Stern Center for Language and Learning
- Address: 183 Talcott Road
- City: Williston
- State: VT
- Cost: $750
- Instructor: J. Foss, M.Ed., Fellow & P. Price, M.Ed., C/AOGPE
Four Day Workshop - 8/5/2013, 8/6/2013, 8/7/2013 & 8/8/2013
First-Third Grade Classroom Teachers: Grant available to pay for this August course, no obligation to continue beyond the four days. Contact Linnea for more information: 802-662-1782 or email@example.com.
The Orton-Gillingham Classroom Educator Program is a program of the Cynthia K. Hoehl Institute for Excellence (CKHIE) at the Stern Center. The Orton-Gillingham (O-G) approach is the foundation underlying all multi-sensory structured language instruction. The O-G curriculum includes instruction in brain-based processes underlying dyslexia, alphabetic phonics, core language processes, and diagnostic prescriptive teaching.
Orton-Gillingham Classroom Educator Curriculum includes:
- Brain processes underlying dyslexia and the needs of the dyslexic learner
- Alphabetic phonics
- Reliable spelling patterns
- Syllabic and morphemic structures of the English language
- Core language processes, receptive and expressive
- Diagnostic prescriptive teaching
- Attendance and class participation
Orton-Gillingham Classroom Educator status requires 50 hours of instruction using the Orton Gillingham Approach including five classroom observations by a Fellow of the Academy.
**If a Classroom Educator wishes to pursue Associate Level certification by the Academy please click here.