At the Stern Center we partner with schools to support teachers and school teams to help maximize the effectiveness of instruction for students who have complicated learning profiles.
Consultations with the Stern Center’s professional coaching staff can take place at your school, facility or the Stern Center. We offer a variety of research-based services to schools in order to help parents and educators better understand students’ instructional and emotional needs:
School consultations are customized for your school and include some or all of the following:
- A plan for appropriate professional learning targeted to your students’ needs and your School Action Plan.
- On-site training during in-service days and/or throughout the school day.
- On-going mentoring support and professional development within which we offer targeted strategies for specific individual students while helping school personnel gain increased skills to better meet the needs of challenged learners.
- Data systems development for progress monitoring informing instructional strategies for all three Tiers of RTI.
- Insights into research-based instruction and practical strategies to apply in the classroom for teachers and staff.
Stern Center instructors use informal and formal testing to determine students’ current levels of functioning in math, writing, and literacy. After overseeing the testing, Stern Center instructors make program recommendations as requested for school implementation.
Individual Education Program (IEP) Development
We use evaluation data to assist in developing IEPs suitable for students with unique learning profiles, incorporating appropriate teaching strategies, and designing creative service delivery models.
We provide a thorough analyses of students’ educational, psychological, and/or medical records. Record Reviews are appropriate when students have had extensive testing and questions persist about whether more evaluation is needed or instructional programming needs adjustments.
We collaborate with homeschool families to support parents and students teaching and learning at home. Our instructors can help supplement instruction for students in literacy and math and support parents by providing classes on the newest research-based teaching techniques. We aim to provide a comfortable learning community for all family members. Scholarships(link to Scholarships) may be available for qualifying families.