We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to learning for all as we recognize that all great minds don't think alike.
Meet our professional staff of diagnosticians and instructors versed in a wide range of disciplines.
Join our knowledgeable and experienced staff in learning research-proven strategies in the areas of literacy, social cognition, math, and more.
Browse our entire collection of Professional Learning offerings. Find a course for yourself or design a customized remedial program for your school/district.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Stern Center! We could not do all the important work we do without the generous support of individuals and organizations who share our vision of helping children and adults reach their full potential.
Your support helps keep our fees more affordable for our clients and provides scholarships for those who otherwise might not be able to take access the services they need.
When you donate to the Stern Center, you demonstrate your belief that all great minds don’t think alike. You will be investing in the future of students and teachers, so that they can become the next success stories of our community, state, and region. Your gift makes a real difference in the lives of others!
Donate your time to improve the lives of children and adults in our community.Learn More
Give a gift that will make lifelong learning a reality for students and educators alike.Donate Now
Discover the different ways you can help the Stern Center and the individuals we serve.Learn More
For more than 30 years, the Stern Center has worked with children and adults to build their confidence and help them find success academically, socially and professionally. You too can help inspire a love of learning and support our students in reaching their goals.
The Stern Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with an annual budget of approximately $4.1 million. Thirty-seven percent of the budget comes from the generosity of donors – individuals, corporations, and foundations – and the balance is funded by fees for services. The donated support helps keep our fees more affordable for clients and also provides scholarships for those who otherwise might not be able to take advantage of the services they need due to their financial situations. Each year, nearly 80% of Stern Center expenditures goes toward program expenses with the remaining 20% covering general, administrative and fund raising costs. Read our annual report for more detailed information.
While reading and writing may continue to be a struggle, instruction focused on specific learning needs will ensure that personal goals are met and their full potential is reached.Read Troy's Story
The Cynthia K. Hoehl Institute for Excellence (CKHIE) within the Stern Center for Language and Learning is a model of best instructional practices for educators. It supports access to professional learning for teachers and instructional services for students. Cynthia K. Hoehl, a former teacher, established the CKHIE as part of her vision for helping all children learn.
Stern Center’s highly-qualified group of instructors collaborate with school teams throughout the year to provide services for one or multiple students at a reduced cost. Through the Cynthia K. Hoehl Institute for Excellence, we are able to expand our reach, therefore meeting the needs of more students.
In addition, schools and individual educators may apply for a grant to help underwrite Professional Learning provided by the Stern Center.
Even with this wonderful gift that we’ve been given, we need your help. Your financial support with help pay the instructors to continue providing this valuable work.